Being not only a huge book worm, but a giant film nerd, I knew I would have to eventually post a favourite book adaptions post. If a book I have read has been adapted, I will 100% be watching it, and hopefully loving it! Get ready for another 4am post on here! Not sure why I keep posting at such weird times, I always feel more motivated to get stuff done past midnight.
With that being said, here are some of my favourites! (not in order, im too indecisive to ever make a list of something in order)
- The Martian. Book by Andy Weir, Film directed by Ridley Scott.
- Long story short, The Martian is one of my all time favourite books. I read it summer 2015, a few months before the movie had come out. The movie definitely did not disappoint, although in my opinion, I did like the book better. If I were to look at it without thinking about the book, the movie was definitely a very good one, and definitely deserving of the Oscar nominations!
- The Hunger Games. Book by Suzanne Collins, Film’s directed by Gary Ross (The Hunger Games), and Francis Lawrence (Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
- The Hunger Games HAD to be listed here. THG will always be a beloved book for me, and even though the films received mixed reviews, I really enjoyed them. I thought it brought justice to Suzanne Collins’ story and characters, and not only were they good adaptions, they were good films on their own for someone who may had not read the books! I’m definitely very sad to see this series end, and I’m not gonna lie and say I didn’t cry after I saw Mockingjay Pt.2
- Harry Potter. Book by J.K Rowling, Films by Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuarón, Mike Newell, and David Yates.
- Okay okay okay, I shouldn’t be allowed to really voice an opinion here since I just started to read Harry Potter for the first time 3 days ago (YES! IM FINALLY READING IT!). BUT, the Harry Potter series definitely had amazing movies, and I definitely need to re-watch them soon. So, maybe I will leave this explanation until I finish the books, give me some time, Ill get back to this…
- The Night Manager. Book by John le Carre, TV show directed by Susanne Bier, screenplay by David Farr.
- Not gonna lie with this one, once it was announced that this show was happening, and I saw it starred Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie (along with some Sherlock actors) I knew I was going to watch this. While flying back from Thailand, I stumbled across the book in Heathrow airport and ended up buying it there with the intention of reading it before watching the show. I had ended up reading about half before the show aired, and then once the show had ended, I didn’t have the motivation to finish the book (the genre isn’t what I usually enjoy). I do have to say though, the book would be amazing to people who enjoy the genre, or those who have read other le Carre novels and enjoyed them. I would also very highly recommend the show. It was produced very well, the acting is incredible, and its written as a mini-series amazingly.
- 11/22/63. Book by Stephen King, TV show produced by J.J Abrams
- Hearing about this adaptation, I was SO excited. I had never read this book, but I have very vivid memories of my mom reading it years ago for some strange reason, so I’m going off her opinions of the book here. I then saw the TV show was happening and a series of realizations occurred: “1) JJ abrams producing this show! sweet! 2) JAMES FRANCO STARRING! 3) Based off a Stephen King book! Usually turns out good!” You would not BELIEVE how excited I was when I heard James Franco was starring, I love him, a lot. Then realizing I had knowledge of the book was even better. I do have to say, the show is incredible. From start to finish I was hooked. Please check it out, it’s so under appreciated and under-hyped.
I think I’ll leave it at 5 for now, I want to know if anyone else has any favourite adaptions, I’d love to hear them!
In the meantime, look out for a used book store haul and a harry potter talk post once I finish the first book! Also, make sure you are following my bookstagram, Ill be talking about my HP experience there as well!
I guess I should sleep now, I keep looking at my clock as it gets even later, oops