Anybody else have those certain books that you have had your eye on for ages, and you know you should buy it, but you always end up getting something else? I don’t know why this keeps happening to me. Usually it’s books that have been on my tbr for so long, and then a new book in a series comes out and that book I originally planned to get next is pushed to the back of my mind.
There are some books in my tbr that this happened to, and there are some that I can just never find in the bookstores near me. Then there are those large hardcovers that I cant lie but say im always turned off by the price, oops.
Here’s a list of of some books that I need, immediately please
- Captive Prince: this series has been recommended to me countless times because Of previous books I loved like foxhole court, raven cycle, and Aristotle & Dante. This series seems to be something I would really enjoy, but my issue is I’ve never seen a copy in stores and Im not a big ebook fan! hopefully eventually Ill ens up ordering it online or finding a copy instore!
- Harry Potter: Yikes, don’t yell at me. So yeah, never actually read a single line of Harry Potter. I REALLY need to, but I never have the motivation to buy the series and get through it even though I know I’d love it one day it will happen, I promise.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: Im listing this one for more of a general point of saying there are a lot of contemporary reads I need to pick up, Including this series as I saw it is becoming a trilogy! I always gravitate more to fantasy and scifi books and I dont really know why because Ive loved every contemporary book Ive read! Especially now that its summer, I really need to get my hands on some!
- Passenger: I hear countless good things about this book by Alexandra Bracken! Ive been eying this book for a while now. I had tried to get a free trial for an audiobook service so I could listen to this, but none would accept paypal unfortunately. I saw this in store about a week ago, but told myself I would only buy whatever my gift card would buy, and this book was a little pricey. I believe this will be one of my next purchases!
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here: This book has been calling to me, I swear. I honestly cant’t explain why I havent bought it yet, Its the exact story ive been looking for! I also find it calling to me because I actually drafted an outline for a story idea I had, with the exact same concept a few months ago, so now i feel like I NEED to read it!
- We Are the Ants (By Shaun David Hutchinson): This cover has drawn me to this book, not gonna lie. Its a gorgeous cover, and when I saw it I was intrigued. The plot actually seems interesting to me, and now im dying to get a hold of a copy! The local bookstore across the street actually carries it, but Ive really been trying to stop spending so much money on books since I own so many I havent read yet 😦
TL;DR – I have too many books I need to buy, and not enough money to buy them
I know for a fact many people are also in this situation, but we will survive, I promise!